Sunday, November 2, 2008

What's been hap'n:

This semester has been super busy. I will have to post it all in different blogs but wanted to at least throw something on here now.

Student Retreat 2008

Probably the biggest and most stressful part of the semester has been planning for the retreat. Making plans and reservations can be trying all by itself but when you add to that the stress of trying to communicate with people from a culture that is different than my own, it can become a bit overwhelming. I made it through though and and the retreat went well. The students have shared with me how it blessed them and I have to give all the glory and praise to the Lord because I know it wasn't my doing.



Part of the excitement for the retreat was the arrival of Kate Huff. I went to college with Kate and volunteered with her at Youth For Christ. We also lived together for a few months before I came on the field. It was wonderful to see a good friend from home (and not just because of the amazing Mnt. Dews she brought me). She spoke at the retreat and also got to see a glimpse of life here in Botswana.

Holiday
After the retreat, I took a very much needed holiday to Cape Town with Kate! We stopped by Pilanesburg, SA on our way to Jo-burg to do a safari. This ended up being quite an adventure at we got lost and I had to turn around so many times I lost count. We also ended up chasing down a safari truck and didn't end up leaving the park until 9pm that night! It was a great safari though with the highlight being the lions who decided to play in the middle of the road.


We then flew to Cape Town where it cold and windy and even wet some of the time!! It didn't dampen the fun though and we all had a great time.

My favorite sunset picture from the trip.































































































































No comments: